Signing Out a Vassar Vehicle
This service is available to students with a valid driver’s license, and have a placement outside the city of Poughkeepsie. There is a one-time $45 charge. Students cannot drive non-Vassar people in these vehicles, and can only use them to drive to their placement site and back. Students will be charged for any extra mileage incurred.
How to sign out a Vassar vehicle:
- FILL OUT a Vassar Vehicle Request Form here. *Note that this does not secure your vehicle reservation, you must complete the additional steps below.
- COMPLETE a Motor Vehicle Record check form here.
- SUBMIT a legible color copy of your driver license here.
- REGISTER with Vassar Security by completing the Agile Fleet User Registration Form. (below is an example of the User Registration Form).
- VERIFY your driver’s license in person with Vassar Security by visiting the Safety and Security Office in the New Hackensack Building. (The Safety and Security Office is open Monday through Friday from 7am-3pm.)
- CONTACT the OCEL for the budget code after you’ve verified your driver’s license with security.
- RESERVE a Vassar Vehicle online via Vassar Agile Fleet Online Reservation here.
Note that this process can take up to 10 days and we cannot guarantee that a vehicle will be available. Please book well in advance, and please cancel your reservation if you don’t need it.