Taxi & OCEL Student Driver
Students can be driven to placements by an OCEL student driver or a taxi if their agency is not within three blocks of a bus route. There is a one-time $45 fee for this service, which will be charged to your account at the end of the semester.
How to Request Taxi / OCEL Student Driver
All requests need to be made 2 working days in advance. Please note that the office is closed on the weekend; any requests for Monday need to be put in by the previous Thursday.
Complete the Taxi/Student Driver Request Form here to request a ride.
- You can make multiple requests as early as you like. However, we strongly discourage cancellations. Please put in a request once you are certain about your schedule.
- If you only need a ride to or from your CEL position, please select 12:00AM for the ride you do not need.
- You will receive a google calendar invite notifying you that we have received your request.
- You will receive a reminder 24 hours in advance to confirm your ride as well as to let you know whether you will be taking a taxi. UNLESS otherwise specified, you will be taking a ride with a student driver.
- All pick-ups are from Main Circle. Please be punctual!
Making a change to a requested ride: Last minute changes and/or frequent changes are strongly discouraged. The OCEL does not always have the capacity to accommodate last minute changes, in which case you may need to arrange your own transportation. We also request that you provide us with adequate notice (at least 24 hours) of a cancellation whenever possible. Please keep in mind that we do not work outside of normal office hours (8:30 to 5).
If you have to make a change, please send us an email at email@example.com as soon as possible!