COVID-19 presents an unusual and daunting immersive and experiential learning experience. Please click below for a range of resources on making this a learning experience: COVID-19 RESOURCES FOR COMMUNITY-ENGAGED LEARNING.
A Guide to Reflecting on Community-Engaged Learning – an integral part of the CEL experience! If you’re feeling stuck, take a read through this booklet created by a former CEL student.
CEL Opportunities in the Fall & Spring
- List of opportunities for Fall 2021 semester
- Fall CEL – Getting Started Process
- Information for Students booklet (Fall & Spring semesters) – an updated version is coming soon!
- To locate CEL positions and students who have done CEL previously, please click here (make sure to click on the dots): WEB MAP OF PLACEMENTS AND BUS ROUTES
CEL in the Summer
During your CEL
- Assigned Readings List :This is a list of readings assigned previously, categorized by organization.
- Review the CEL Expectations and Guidelines, here.
- Missed orientation? Please take a look at some of the ORIENTATION materials. Please do not hesitate to contact Lisa Kaul with any questions.
- Sample template of a time log: OCEL_Hours Log
Get to know Poughkeepsie and the Hudson Valley region better!
- Digital tour of Poughkeepsie
- “The complex roads of Poughkeepsie”
- Welcome to the Hudson Valley: A Guidebook of topics in Local Environmental History
Not ready to commit to CEL? How about volunteering instead?