Many videos that are embedded into Moodle pages actually reside on Vassar’s Panopto streaming server. In order for that embedding to work, your browser must be configured to accept third-party cookies and allow cross-website tracking. Many browsers are configured this way be default, but some are not.
If the space where the video should appear show the VassarOne login screen or an error message, then you have a browser configuration problem. The easiest solution may be to switch to a different browser. But if you want to configure your browser to play these videos, here’s how:
(Quick fix: If you’re experiencing this problem using Safari on a laptop or desktop computer, switch to Chrome.)
Chrome on your Computer:
The default setting for Chrome is fine, but if it’s been changed, you’ll need to do the following:
- Click on the 3 dots in the upper right of your browser window.
- Choose Settings.
- Choose Privacy and Security.
- Choose Cookies and other site data.
- Choose to allow all cookies or block third-party cookies only in Incognito mode.
FireFox on your Computer:
The default setting for FireFox is fine, but if it’s been changed, you’ll need to do the following:
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines in the upper right of your browser window.
- Click on Preferences.
- Click on Privacy & Security.
- Click on Custom.
- Make sure that the settings do not block all cookies.
Internet Explorer on your Computer:
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right of your browser window.
- Click on Internet options.
- Click on the Privacy tab and then on the Advanced button.
- Under First-party Cookies AND Third-party Cookies, choose Accept.
Safari on your Computer:
The default setting for Safari must be changed in order to view these videos.
- Under the Safari menu, choose Preferences.
- Click on the Privacy icon.
- Make sure that “Prevent cross-site tracking” is unchecked.
Safari on iPad or iPhone:
- Go to your device’s Settings app and choose Safari.
- Deselect “Prevent Cross-Site Tracking” and “Block All Cookies.”
Chrome on your iPad (May not work on iPhone):
- Go to your device’s Settings app and choose Chrome.
- Enable “Allow Cross-Website Tracking.”