Vassar LLI is administered by a volunteer Executive Committee and General Council.
The LLI Executive Committee is responsible for running the day-to-day operations of Vassar LLI and consists of the following roles and individuals:
- Chair: Mihai Grunfeld
- Vice-Chair: Neila Radin
- Curriculum Committee Chair: Sybil DelGaudio
- Membership and Registration Coordinators: Sudhir Desai & Paul Stoddard
- Treasurers: Yvonne Sewell & Carolyn Lampack
- Secretary: Maribeth King
The LLI General Council consists of the members of the Executive Committee, the Chairs of our Committees, the heads of our Project Teams, and three At-Large Members. The General Council meets quarterly to review the programs and operations of the LLI and consists of the following roles and individuals:
- Executive Committee: Chair: Mihai Grunfeld, Vice Chair: Neila Radin, Membership and Registration Coordinators: Sudhir Desai and Paul Stoddard , Treasurers: Carolyn Lampack and Yvonne Sewell , and Secretary: Maribeth King
- Curriculum Committee Chair: Sybil DelGaudio. The Curriculum Committee coordinates and plans our Vassar LLI courses. The Committee suggests and organizes new classes, recruits new presenters, and consults with presenters about their classes.
- Class Managers Committee Chair: Open position. This person is responsible for recruiting, orientating, and supporting the class managers for live courses. Class managers assist the presenter, including by introducing the presenter and communicating Vassar LLI information to the class.
- Zoom Class Managers Committee Chair: Rob Cohen This person is responsible for recruiting, orientating, and supporting the class managers who for our Zoom courses. Class managers assist the presenter, including by introducing the presenter and communicating Vassar LLI information to the class.
- Hospitality Room Committee Chair: Tim Ryan. The Committee maintains the Vassar LLI hospitality room (setting up and setting out coffee and snacks).
- Volunteer Recruitment Co-chairs: Ed Kinkade, Paul Horstmann. Helps members find Volunteer opportunities.
- Diversity Equity and Inclusion Initiative Chair: Pam Porath. The DEI Committee works to actively incorporate the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion into the VC LLI’s membership, courses, single events, social media, newsletter and all sponsored activities, and works with other regional LLI’s in meeting and operationalizing DEI values and concepts.
- Transportation Committee Chair: Terry Quinn. This position is responsible for coordinating with Vassar College Security regarding transportation needs for LLI classes and events.
- Public Information Committee Chair: Open Position. The Committee is responsible for outreach and marketing, including through distribution of newsletters, annual posters, and public announcements.
- Special Events Committee Co-Chairs: Diana Salsberg, Terry Quinn. The Committee plans and manages special events including trips and tours, and Fall and Spring gatherings.
- Art Show Committee Chair: Open Position. Organizes an art show at the end of each semester and creates webpage for art produced in our classes.
- Webmasters: Mihai Grunfeld, Neila Radin, Rachel Etkin. Maintains Vassar LLI Webpage
- Photographers: Sarah Kennedy and Marian Pompa. Take pictures and helps us create a record of our times together.
- Newsletter Editor: Jo Hausam – Responsible for soliciting articles from Vassar LLI membership and editing our newsletter each semester to inform members about LLI activities and record our times together.
- Newsletter and Catalog artwork: Marty Zlotkin.
- Facebook: Kathy Kurosman, Muriel Horowitz. Maintains Vassar LLI Facebook page.
- At-Large Members: Carole Wolf, Terry Quinn.
- Data Management Coordinator: Gina Klein.
- The LLI Administration Committee consists of the following people: Administrative Assistant: Rachel Etkin; Information Coordinator: Joanne Valeo; Phone Support Coordinator: Howard Spilke; and Bylaws: Betty Olson
If you have questions about Vassar LLI, including its programs, activities or operations, please contact us (Phone: 845-437-7229 or email: email@example.com). and our Information Coordinator or Phone Support Coordinator will help answer your questions or put you in touch with someone who can help.