This is our second workshop.
Audacity is a great resource for educators. It is an open-source and cross-platform audio editing program. Today, participants will record and edit short podcasts.
Objective: Participants will record and edit short podcasts in Audacity. Audacity projects can include recorded audio, sound effects and/or musical tracks. Participants will post their completed .mp3 files to our WordPress site as links or attachments.
WordPress Membership: Workshop participants who don’t have VC email will need to create an account. Manage this yourself or have Erin, Baynard or Joe help you.
- Check to see if Audacity is installed. If it isn’t, download it and install it to the saved files directory from http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
- Set up your headset in the apple menu > preferences to accept USB microphone input.
- Check the preferences in Audacity to receive input from the USB headset.
- Create a one minute podcast talking about your family or the people with whom you live.
- Export an .mp3 version of your recording. You will need the LAME mp3 encoder.
- Upload the .mp3 file to WordPress.
- Listen to the file you created. Edit it to make it better. Use these tutorials to help you.
- Find a sound effect on the web. Include it in your podcast. Replace the podcast from Stage I with your revised podcast.
- Add intro, outtro, or background music to the file you created for Stage II.
- Replace the podcast from Stage II with your revised podcast.