There are three main parts to our help section:
- WordPress Idea Help addresses some of the pedagogical and content challenges of incorporating WordPress into teaching and research.
- General Help points at some online resources and some strategies for finding the answers you need when you need them.
- Technical Help deals with some How-To’s of WordPress.
We are indebted to the Emerson College WordPress team for generously allowing us to reuse and adopt some of the WordPress resources that they have developed.
WordPress Idea Help
- What is a Blog? – A CommonCraft YouTube Video the explains how blogs work. Very cute!
- WordPress Ideas for Teaching and Learning – a few things to keep in mind as you develop your WordPress site.
- 10 Tips to Get the Most Out of Your Class Blog – a great resource for faculty thinking about using a WordPress site in their class.
- Reflection, Motivation and Learning – a few more things to think about when using WordPress with students.
The WordPress Codex is essentially the online manual for everything WordPress. It is an overwhelming and abundant resource, but a few highlights for beginners are: First Steps With WordPress, Introduction to Blogging, and Writing Posts.
If you need an answer for WordPress, I suggest Googling for help (someone’s probably had the same problem before and left the answer on the Internet). Vassar faculty and students can ask ACS for help, or they can email the helpdesk.