Category Archives: 2017-2018

Supporting deep learning research and teaching at Vassar

Awardee: Josh de Leeuw Semester of Award: Spring 2018 Materials Awarded: NVIDIA Ti1080 GPU Project Description: With the Fergusson grant I was able to create a workstation machine in my laboratory to support GPU-intensive machine learning research and teaching. With … Continue reading

Posted in 2017-2018 | Leave a comment

Virtual Reality at Vassar

Awardee: Zachary Cofran Semester of Award: Spring 2018 Materials Awarded: HTC Vive Pro VR headset HTC Vive Pro accessories starter kit Alienware Aurora workstation Project Description: The Fergusson grant was used to establish a Virtual Reality (VR) unit in the … Continue reading

Posted in 2017-2018 | Leave a comment

Transitions Research Team

Awardee: Erendira Rueda Semester of Award: Fall 2017 Materials Awarded: I was awarded $2,119.50 to purchase 3 copies of MAXQDA coding software. Project Description: The 3 educational license keys for MAXQDA software allowed me to install a copy of the … Continue reading

Posted in 2017-2018 | Leave a comment

Scrivener for Sociology Thesis Students

Awardee: Erendira Rueda Semester of Award: Fall 2017 Materials Awarded: I was awarded $589 towards the purchase of 22 copies of Scrivener 2 (education license). Project Description: My co-instructor (Jasmine Syedullah) and I used the Scrivener software when we co-taught … Continue reading

Posted in 2017-2018 | Leave a comment

Tablet as a versatile communication tool in teaching & research

Awardee: Ming-Wen An Semester of Award: Spring 2018 Materials Awarded: 10.5-inch iPad Pro Apple pencil Project Description: For teaching purposes, I use the tablet to comment on PDF homework submissions. I also use it as a “whiteboard” for office hours … Continue reading

Posted in 2017-2018 | Leave a comment

Hindenburg for AMST/MEDS 381

Awardee: Barry Lam Semester of Award: Spring 2018 Materials Awarded: A six-month license for Hindenburg digital audio workstation software for students of AMST/MEDS 381. Project Description: Students in AMST/MEDS 381 were able to download and use Hindenburg Journalist Pro, a … Continue reading

Posted in 2017-2018 | Leave a comment