It’s Springtime!!

It’s finally spring and all of a sudden, the entire vibe of the campus has changed. Just a month ago, I would be rushing through the quad to get to class (I’m always late) but now, I find myself just ambling through and enjoying the weather. Unfortunately, that isn’t great for my attendance cause it makes me even later. I think i have shown up to every single one of my 9am classes at least 5 minutes late for the last two weeks.

Vassar truly comes alive when the sun decides to peek its head from behind the clouds. There is just a general air of cheerfulness and mirth among students and professor alike when the weather is as great as it has been for the last couple of weeks. I, for one, love to spend my time sitting in trees when the weather permits and I have definitely been getting my fill of that this semester (for those interested, there are pics below of me in my favorite study tree).

So, OIS is officially coming to an end! I remember how much fun IDF was this time (i hope at least some of you’ll were able to make it). I actually performed for it! I did the closing piece to the event – an interactive zumba-esque dance to Me Rehuso (great song, highly recommend) and it was SO MUCH FUN! Everyone got into it, which was great cause i was super nervous and had practiced the dance a grand total of 3 times beforehand but no one needs to know about that. All that matters is that everyone had a great time and it was lovely to see the enjoyment on people’s faces as they danced around the place and joined in the congo line.

Looking back, this was one of the most challenging but also one of the most rewarding semesters that I’ve had here at Vassar (admittedly I’ve only really had four but thats still a good number i think). As we officially conclude our classes, I find myself saddened to think about our graduating seniors and wish all of them the best on their journeys beyond Vassar as they step into the terrifying world of adulting. However, while one class year leaves , another one joins us! I want to extend the warmest of welcomes to our incoming first years and am truly looking forward to meeting all of you lovely internationals at orientation (Oh right, I’m an intern again for the next year)!! I hope everyone has a lovely summer <3

– Arjun

And here are the aforementioned pictures

Social Widgets powered by AB-WebLog.com.