A Self-Proclaimed Photographer at OIS

It sounds a bit arrogant to call myself a photographer since I only take photos during OIS events. But I love to take photos of people. I love to capture the moments when our internationals are having fun and make those moments eternal. If you think about it, photos are indeed an amazing existence. They freeze time, the least thing in the world that one can hold on to. I, then burden myself with the glorious purpose to freeze the happy moments of our internationals.

The 2017 Holiday Open House during Christmas at Rose Parlor. Four buddies Miku, Milind, Sergio, Sanaya ’21 cerebrated the holiday together~

Three Chinese students ’21, all from Southern part of China~ One reason I love to take photos of people – everyone smiles at me (or maybe the camera).

Andrew and Ria were signing the I-20 forms for the internationals during Holiday Open House, which is also known as the end of year Signing Party.

Thanksgiving at the Meades! Meet our lovely intern from Albania, Ronela! Also attention called to Miguel and Prosper at the back! Prosper probably thought he would not appear in the photo, but you never know! Always smile at the camera when there is one in sight!

Now flash back to Kaleidoscope, the biggest cultural event at Vassar that celebrates international diversity!! Though I believe this photo credit should go to Diego, we shared the moment of waving flags! At Kaleidoscope, we have the amazing Dessert cook-off, Flag Ceremony, World’s Got Talent, and fun!!! You will find yourself laughing and having so much fun and our OIS camera will find you!!

Flashback continues to the New York City Day Trip last October!! Every year, OIS will organize a New York Trip before October Break for freshmen!! A great chance to travel around the city with your new friends!! Now……. let’s leap forward with time to the year of 2018~

Adri ’20, posing at 2018 All College Day!! The theme for this year’s All College Day is “building community”~! Internationals stopped by OIS’s photo booth and wrote down what community meant for them~! Adri’s answer is “Smiles” like she always does~

We still have tons of lovely photos on our OIS Flickr! Click here to view more: https://www.flickr.com/photos/oisvassar

Ed Sheeran sings in Photograph, “We keep this love in a photograph/ We made these memories for ourselves/Where our eyes are never closing/ Hearts are never broken/ And time’s forever frozen still.” I’m happy to be a photographer at OIS, more than happy to keep this international love for us all, for those who are to leave and for those who are to come.

— Xiaoting

Social Widgets powered by AB-WebLog.com.