The Environmental Research Institute (ERI) is a research and public outreach wing of Vassar’s Environmental Studies program. The ERI’s mission is to provide opportunities for faculty and students to conduct research on Earth’s environmental systems, to promote fieldwork, and to foster engagement with the local community. To meet these goals, the ERI promotes and funds multidisciplinary science research and education, hosts educational events and conferences, and acts as a bridge to the larger Hudson Valley community on environmental concerns.
ERI Funding Opportunities
- ERI By-laws describing ERI functions and structure
- Steering Committee: Lynn Christenson (Biology), Zachary Cofran (Anthropology), Mary Ann Cunningham (ENST Director),Yvonne Elet (Art) , Alison Keimowitz (Chemistry), Jodi Schwarz (Biology)
- Cordinator for 2020-2021 Academic Year: Lynn Christenson
Affiliated Campus Groups
- Vassar College Office of Sustainability
- Environmental Management and Monitoring Alliance (EMMA)
- Environmental Cooperative at the Vassar Barns
Affiliated Regional Groups
- Environmental Consortium of Colleges and Universities in the Hudson Valley
- Hudson River Estuary Program of the NY DEC
Page modified 5/2019.