Michelle’s Bio

Hi! This is me!

Michelle Martineau, sophomore at Vassar College

The big thing you need to know about me: my favorite flavor of ice cream is Moose Tracks!

Seriously though:
I’ve lived in Alexandria, Virginia, a city right next to D.C., in the same house for my whole life. Ask me anytime and I’ll give you all the gossip on our little city. We have surprisingly small-town style politics for such a big place. It’s probably because we only have one high school for the whole city, T.C. Williams. You may remember it from that movie, Remember the Titans? Yep, that’s us. And we’re actually really terrible at football (like haven’t even won the homecoming game in 20 years bad) and don’t even get me started on all the other stuff…

But now I’m at Vassar. I’m majoring in Religion and I’m on the ski team here. I’ve also been tutoring with the VAST program for a couple years, so I’m sure you’ll be hearing stories about that. But enough about school! I like to be outside and have fun! So to achieve this lofty goal my boyfriend and I took month-and-a-half-long road trip this past summer. We went to a big music festival in Tennessee and then farmed our way home (by helping out on a couple small farms in exchange for room and board). Here’s a little bit of what we did:

michelle-digital-story