The next meeting of the Mid-Hudson Antislavery History Project will be held as follows:
Monday, June 10, 2019
First Congregational Church
269 Mill Street, Poughkeepsie
7:00 – 8:30pm
If you have an interest in the history of slavery and antislavery in the Mid-Hudson region,
Please join us!
At the meeting we will be providing updates of recent programs and a look ahead at some new ideas. Included will be information on the following:
- Ø New MHAHP website information
- Ø Report on a recent discovery of an important anti-slavery history poster
- Ø MHAHP’s participation in the Network to Freedom Underground Railroadconference and New York State Fair
- Ø Progress report on planning for a new memorial in Poughkeepsie recognizing thelives and contributions of enslaved and free African-Americans
- Will Tatum, Dutchess County Historian, will report on the new digital tool to research the county’s early history
- Ø Long-range planning – countywide and locally: our ideas … AND YOURS! Please join us and bring your questions and ideas!!!RSVP or if you need more info, please contact
Peter Bunten at email@example.com or call at 301-335-0196.