MEET THE TEAM: TOM

TomHello! I’m thrilled to be the new Interdisciplinary Arts Coordinator for the Creative Arts Across Disciplines Initiative at Vassar College!

As a native of Hyde Park, New York, it’s great to be back home in the Hudson Valley. I have spent many summers here since 2007, when I was the Education Director, and then Producing Director, for Vassar and New York Stage and Film’s Powerhouse Theater.

After completing my graduate studies at the University of Pittsburgh, where I earned an MFA in Performance Pedagogy and won the Elizabeth Baranger Excellence in Teaching Award, I returned to my undergraduate alma mater, New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts, and to the CAP21 Musical Theatre Conservatory. From 2010-2014 I served there as the Industry Practicum Director,  I was a member of the acting faculty, taught a course on the business of theater, in addition to directing several projects, ranging from main stage productions to experimental workshops. At CAP, I also advised graduating students, working with them to navigate their early careers, before, during, and after showcase.

In addition to Pitt, CAP21, and Powerhouse, I have taught classes and workshops at the Stella Adler School of Acting, Viterbo University, The National Theater Institute, The New York Theater Educator’s Association, and US Performing Arts Camps. I have coached students for KCACTF as well as graduate school auditions.

Some of my other experience includes working for a bi-coastal talent agency, for several casting directors, and in the offices of the world-renowned Nederlander Organization.

As a performer, I was lucky to tour with national companies of Crazy for YouWest Side StoryThe Wizard of Oz, and, White Christmas; to work with numerous regional and stock credits and perform in The Radio City Christmas Spectacular. I continue to be a proud member of Actor’s Equity Association.