I am interested in Bayesian statistics education and online statistics education.
Through Liberal Arts Collaborative for Digital Innovation (LACOL), I have been involved in exploring ways to share i) advanced level mathematics and statistics courses, ii) an introduction to data science course across multiple liberal arts college campuses. See the Course Sharing Project page for details.
- Kejzlar, V. and Hu, J. (forthcoming), Introducing variational inference in statistics and data science curriculum, The American Statistician. link to the published paper
- Hu, J. and Dogucu, M. (2022), Content and computing outline of two undergraduate Bayesian courses: tools, examples, and recommendations, Stat SDSS 2021 Special Issue, 11(1), e452. Open Access
- Dogucu, M. and Hu, J. (2022), The current state of undergraduate Bayesian education and recommendations for the future, The American Statistician, 76(4), 405-413. Open Access
- Albert, J. and Hu, J. (2020), Bayesian computing in the undergraduate statistics curriculum, Journal of Statistics Education, 28(3), 236-247. Open Access
- Johnson, A., Rundel, C., Hu, J., Ross, K. and Rossman, A. (2020), Teaching an undergraduate course in Bayesian statistics: A panel discussion, Journal of Statistics Education, 28(3), 251-261. Open Access
- Hu, J. (2020), A Bayesian statistics course for undergraduates: Bayesian thinking, computing, and research, Journal of Statistics Education, 28(3), 229-235. Open Access
- Albert, J., Cetinkaya-Rundel, M. and Hu, J. (2020), Online statistics teaching and learning, Teaching and Learning Mathematics Online, ed. J. P. Howard and J. F. Beyers, Chapman and Hall/CRC. arXiv link
- Garcia, S. R., Hu, J. and Miller, S. J. (2020), Upper level mathematics and statistics courses share across campuses, Teaching and Learning Mathematics Online, ed. J. P. Howard and J. F. Beyers, Chapman and Hall/CRC.
- Hu, J. (2019), Teaching upper level undergraduate statistics through a shared/hybrid model, CHANCE, 32(2), 31-36.
Work in progress: