Fall Break experience in Costa Rica

After two weeks of stressful midterms, four of my friends and I went on the planned trip to Costa Rica that we had been looking forward to, on the morning of Saturday, Oct. 26th. This began a trip full of adventures and laughter. 

I always think that people are only good at remembering moments that are memorable and emotional, instead of the chronology of what happened at what time. I remember asking a local person for help when we can’t find our way to the Airbnb. He only speaks Spanish while none of us knows Spanish that well. We tried so hard to understand each other but still, no information got successfully communicated. I remember every day in Costa Rica, when we woke up and walked out of the hotel in the morning, we would see the most typical Caribbean sea and sunshine, breathing and standing in the warm air, listening to the sound of nature. I remember the frightening yet most exciting moment when we ride the zip line and swing, feeling like flying and breaking free from all constraints in this world. 

Costa Rica is a small but vibrant country. In the city, most buildings are painted with a peaceful blue or green color. Everyone seems to be enjoying life. No one seems to be in a hurry. Even though I know this might not be true because we did not have the chance to actually get to know local people, it still gives out a joyful vibe. 

-Alice Fan ’22

Social Widgets powered by AB-WebLog.com.