“Whooooosh: A Spring Break Experience” by Viraj Nadkarni

WHoooooooshhhhhh! The spring breeze flowing right through my face while I walk down the quad. (ps the wind is actually cold cause winter here never ends). Yet, it is wonderful that the campus is empty. I sing out loud while walking ( I am terrible at singing so this does not happen often), I skip and mosey around towards Blodgett, and finally I end up at graduation hill where I somersault down the hill. This kind of tomfoolery is an obligation during breaks. It is extremely weird walking around on campus when no one is there. It interestingly feels liberating, being alone, as if you have survived an apocalypse and you’re the chose one. Being alone is actually wonderful. I get to see a movie, without my friends bickering what we watch. I get to eat what I want, instead of again, letting my friends decide what I do… Moreover, the campus does get really beautiful during spring break. The ambling moseying around that I described above allowed me to truly capture the beauty of the campus. Especially at night… you should go to sunset lake, and star gaze while playing the most melodiously chill music. (Hopefully you can do this with a friend, that makes it all the more magical.) You can stay up all night ( as you don’t 9am classes to wake up to) talking with your friend under this beautiful starlit sky near the lake ( ps it’s a large pond) and learn more about yourself as well your friend.

You should also totally go to the walkway over the bridge during this time, the weather is truly beautiful, and the views are quite gorgeous. A wonderful excursion is to go to Beacon ( a cute small town, near Poughkeepsie…), there you should go to Dia Beacon (an abstract art museum.. ( I didn’t understand any of the art there but who does….)).

Also you should go to this place where you can see donuts being made live, and you can add your toppings and glaze, its quite scrumdiddlyumptous. You will want more than one!

Break at college isn’t boring, it is filled with activity and joy and fun. And spring is nearly here! Bloop – Viraj

Social Widgets powered by AB-WebLog.com.