Friends!

“”It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them” – Ralph Waldo Emerson” – Arjun Singh

Hello Hello!

Wow! I have spent one and a half years at Vassar College and I’m still alive. Crazy right? This would have been impossible without the support my friends have given me.  No seriously… i once pulled out the doorknob to my door, locking myself out! I had to go and sleep in my friends room that night.

No one tells you this, but making friends at college is tough! You are all alone,… you know no one… in a new place where you do not really like the food… do not really get the mannerisms done around here,… you have two super heavy suitcases and you enter a room that is as big as a closet ( ps I lived in Raymond)….and then the first event of OIS is playing big wind blows which is an ice breaker to make friends!  Like OMG!! this is the most scariest thing ever!! How am I supposed to make friends? I had to be on my ‘A’ game but I am generally a shy person who never talks so making a friend is super duper difficult!

As I am super punctual, I came to the first event of OIS 5 minutes before the time, all super excited to meet everyone. But when I got there, only the interns were sitting at the welcome station, and Aditi started talking to me 🙁 . But then soon a lean boy, having sharp features with a combover hairstyle walked up to me and started talking to me about football ( or more commonly known as Soccer)… And the rest is history. We became part of an international friend group that included nationalities from Albania to Ecuador to Nigeria to Costa Rica and India! And I found all these people and a dozen others during International Orientation. We Internationals just get each other, its so so easy to connect with them… you can talk to them about anything… bond with them about music and we all call football football! Nothing more is needed.

Friends are Important! Give them time, listen to their problems and tolerate their stupidity, you don’t know how many vices you have that they tolerate. Devoting time to a friendship is so worth it! If I made friends, I’m pretty sure anyone can.

Love,

V

“So I gave my friend 10 pens hoping one of them would make him laugh, sadly , no pun in ten did.” – Anonymous

Ps : love from Adri

Social Widgets powered by AB-WebLog.com.