1. ____ Did you complete the Cover Sheet?
2. ____ Did you complete all 12 sections of the proposal, including subsections A-H of section 8?
3. ____ Did you explain and justify the level of risk? All projects carry some level of risk, even if the risk is minimal.
4. ____ Informed Consent. In your consent procedures did you:
_____ use language understandable to the subject or his or her legal representative?
_____ state that the project involved research?
_____ explain the purpose of the project and procedures involved?
_____ describe the foreseeable harm, discomfort, and risk?
_____ describe the benefits to the subject?
_____ describe the extent to which confidentiality of records are to be maintained?
_____ state how to contact the PI about questions?
_____ offer to answer any queries concerning the procedures?
_____ state that the person is free to discontinue participation at any time without penalty or prejudice?
_____ include a written consent form?
5. _____ Did you discuss whether deception is involved? If so, did you explain and justify it?
6. _____ Did you include copies of all relevant instructions and questions?
7. _____ Did you include a written statement of what the investigator will say to the participant regarding the research?
8. _____ Did you include the section on debriefing?
9. _____ Did you e-mail your properly named IRB Proposal and Cover Sheet to Ms. Gail Garrison at email@example.com? Please do NOT submit IRB applications directly to members of the IRB; doing so will result in lengthy processing delays.