Michael McCarthy approached the Archives & Special Collections Library about digitizing the Memorial Minutes read at faculty meetings. He has some recent ones available at http://aevc.webs.com, dating back to 1990, but would like a more robust list. Michael was referred to us for this digitization.
The Archives & Special Collections Library contains three volumes of Memorial Minutes:
- Volume 1, 1877-1942
- Volume 2, 1943-1960
- Volume 3, 1960-1978
There is a gap from 1978-1989 which need to be pulled from the faculty minutes in Archives & Special Collections. The digital library has already completed this digitization.
Digitization consists of approximately 90-100 pages per volume. The volumes cannot be digitized as one book but will need to be digitized on a person-by-person (memorial-by-memorial) basis. Each volume also contains an archival folder with the same contents except for Volume 3, whose folder contains overlapping but unequal content.
- Goal is a one-to-one correspondence between person and minute (and, in the case of multiple minutes submitted per person, one-to-many). Thus this project is inherently slow.
- No metadata exists.
- Items must be hand-scanned.
File naming scheme:
- aevc = project code (memorial minutes is too long)
- last = last name of person. When same last names exist, use lastname-firstinitial.
- XXX = zero-left string-padded number indicating which memorial minute per person is being scanned.
- YYY = zero-left string-padded number indicating the page sequence per memorial minute per person.