Minutes for 6/8 meeting
– There will be a presentation by Samuel and Karl on group theory on monday, June 18 at 12:00 in SP211.
– lunch will be held in bio from noon to 1PM for all URSI students This will be used as a time to briefly share our research progress with one another.
Eunice: Developing strain of C. elegans w/ GFP on dopamine
Karl: Using group theory to model worm shapes and diffraction patterns. Using shadow imaging to study swimming behaviors.
Sam: Symmetry group library almost done
Michael: improvement to Labview code. documenting Labiew code in VAOL blog site.
Dylan:. Working on modeling diagram
Justin: making Google Document. Invite people and begun writing protocol. Good progress on video analysis
Minutes for 5/31 meeting
– Meeting started with introductions.
– There will be a presentation by Michael and Karl on using Google Sketchup on Friday, June 1 at 9:30 in SP211.
– Professor Magnes’ NSF annual report is due tomorrow, June 1. All students should fill out the demographic survey they were forwarded. Dr. Susman’s students may not have received email yet.
– Monday lunch will be held in SP211 from noon to 1PM for all URSI students in the Physics Department. This will be used as a time to briefly share our research progress with one another. Bring your own lunch!
Prof Susman: Effects of fungicides containing elements known to cause neurological harm to humans on nematodes.
Eunice: Effects of fungicide on C. elegans dopamine neurotransmitters
Prof Magnes: Code to recover original worm image from diffraction pattern.
Karl: Using group theory to model worm shapes and diffraction patterns. Using shadow imaging to study swimming behaviors. Priority given to the second project.
Sam: Same projects as Karl but with priority on the group modeling.
Michael: Temperature and wavelength based thrashing frequency studies on C. elegans.
Dylan: Photolithography techniques to create better soil simulations to grow specimens in.
Justin: Working on high speed videos and ways to illustrate elementary physics.