Weeks 6 and 7

In the lab for the past couple of weeks we have been analyzing all of the data we have taken. We did this after we have only taken a few tests mainly to ensure that nothing is going wrong with our data setup so that when we take a massive amount of data it is good to analyze.

Most of the time analyzing the data involves clicking on a video in Logger Pro to track the worms’ movement through the cuvette. As you can see in the picture below, I decided the way I wanted to analyze the data was to have the video from both the red and blue halves of the cuvette on the screen at the same time so that I could track the progress of a worm from one half to the other.

Screen Shot 2014-04-18 at 12.24.22 PM

Something odd was happening though where the videos from the blue laser side seemed to take longer to play out and everything seemed to move at a slower pace. Tewa discovered that the frame rate on the blue CCD camera was not set at the same rate as the red; however, a short amount of time in the lab showed that the frame rates can be set on each camera before testing begins, which we will be sure to set at 25 fps from now on

Share
This entry was posted in C elegans, Spring 2014, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.