Through really no effort on my own part, some of my Musical Urbanism writings have appeared in Spanish lately.  An essay I posted here back in June, “The Dull Ubiquity of Placeless Music Festivals,” has been translated for publication in Bifurcaciones, an online journal of urban cultural studies published out of Chile.  Thanks to editor Rodrigo Millan for the translation and for the new photos featuring Latin American Festivals like Rock in Rio and the Lollapalooza Chile festival from earlier this year.  Find the article here: “Los aburridos festivales sin lugar.”

Also, my book review of Lorraine Carpenter’s biography of the Dears was quoted in a recent interview with singer Murray Lightbourn for Rolling Stone México.  I’m not sure why author Jorge Ramis identified me as an worthy commentator on the band or honored me with such a prominent placement in the article, but I’m happy to do anything to further the cause of the Dears and their new documentary and live album, Never Destroy Us.  Find the article here: “The Dears: Nunca los destruirán.”