The children yearn for the roads

5/28/2023

Heyo! Today was a stark contrast from what we have been doing and its been quite nice to take a step back and hop on the bus to travel. So welcome to my channel and make sure you like and subscribe. As a side note I will say that I have coordinated with Ian and Cael for tonight to provide you with a different type of lens to our journeys to become the legendary farming masters.

Alright so here comes the recap: this morning we woke up around 8am and packed our bags to travel out of Taipei and down into the South. We saw a couple cool landscapes and played interesting travel games. It was also nice to finally have a time where we could talk to our professors about our projects as well as reflect on the things we have learned. I will say however, I tried to win a Snorlax Plushie from a claw game in a rest stop and was unable to. I left defeated and bitter, and one day I will return to avenge my loss.

However, our star destination was the Legacy Dance that we saw in the afternoon depicting the rise of Taiwan. It was an absolutely incredible show and it was made even better since Cael and I managed to sneak downstairs into the primetime opera seats right before the performance began and basically felt like VIP while watching. 10/10 would recommend. It was a lot more impactful and powerful than I initially thought it would be. Here is a picture of Cael and I’s imitation audition photo to one day be a part of the stage lifting squad.

Then we hopped on the bus for some more traveling to our hotel. Along the way, I, the championship level word analyst, stumped many of my fellow scholars on the bus in an intense game of Connect. I was invincible for a while, but Nancy swooped in and absolutely demolished all of the momentum I had built. I was quite surprised at her raw vocabulary talent, you for sure want her on your Scrabble team. Definitely a well-rounded, lottery pick with hall of fame upside.

Then Dinner was at cool local place that served us fresh food. I was quite surprised however, when they served us an entire cooked chicken with the head still attached. Usually, back at home, I love my Costco Rotisserie chicken, but this one was even fresher. However, it was “Egg-Cellent” just like the rest of the food. Then we arrived at the hotel where I am writing this blog.

My English teacher in high school has taught me the significant impact that ending on a quote can bring to an essay. So here is a quote from great street philosopher Jay Z that describes our trip today:

“They ain’t see me today cause I pulled up in my other Benz. But Last week I was in my other, other Benz”

-Jay Chung

-And They lived Happily Ever After-