This opportunity is available during the Spring 2022 semester. This opportunity can be conducted virtually and is only available for CEL credit.
Unshattered is a 501c3 nonprofit social enterprise that aims to end the addiction relapse cycle through sustainable, green fashion. We hire women in recovery and equip them with job skills training and personal development, so they can reach economic independence and sustained sobriety. The women learn to craft handbags and accessories from donated scrap and surplus materials that would have been headed for a landfill.
- Opportunities are available in a number of areas, depending on student interest or concentration, e.g. Media Studies, Marketing, Women’s Studies, Social Justice.
Potential roles or duties could include:
- Maintaining robust content calendar across all communication and social media platforms.
- Engagement research, A/B testing.
- Develop and author newsletter and other marketing pieces.
- Research potential publication opportunities and pitch Unshattered.
- Strategize, schedule, and execute targeted marketing campaigns.
- Conduct research to inform branding, web design, engagement, retention, and search engine optimization.
- Accounting principles/legal implications/business model design for social enterprise (very little precedence in the field).
- Eco/Ethical Footprint: packaging improvements, upcycled hardware, enhancing sustainability measures.
- User Experience Design/integrated retail environment.
- Psychology and Criminal Justice Reform: delivering restorative justice through a healing-centered, trauma-informed environment.
- Committed to the mission of the organization.
- Previous experience in marketing.
Hours: Flexibility for scheduling, Monday through Friday; a minimum of 8 hours/week is preferred.
To Apply: Please email a statement of interest and your resume to OCELapplication@Vassar.edu