This opportunity is available during the Fall 2022 semester. This opportunity can be conducted virtually.
The Woodstock Film Festival (WFF) is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization that nurtures and supports emerging and established filmmakers, sharing their creative voices through an annual festival and year-round programming to promote culture, diversity, community, educational opportunities and economic growth.
Past attendees have included Darren Aronofsky, Alejandro Innaritu, Daniel Day-Lewis, Jonathan Demme, Steve Buscemi, Paul Rudd, Ben Foster, Richard Linklater, Mark Ruffalo, Natalie Portman, Kevin Smith, and many, many more.
The Woodstock Film Festival offers individuals unique, hands-on internship opportunities…
- Interns learn administrative practices, management skills, and fundraising strategies associated with the film, media arts industry, and the running of an educational, not-for-profit 501c3 organization.
- Interns will work scheduled hours at the festival’s year-round office in Woodstock, on-site for special events and during festival operations or remotely.
- Interns will have contact with industry professionals of all levels, including festival directors, project managers, graphic designers, web developers, filmmakers, distributors, members of the press, and many others.
- Operations, Press, Public Relations, Administrative, Graphic Design, and Production.
- General experience includes database management, film entry screening evaluations, fundraising, public relations, press, community outreach, production coordination, event planning, equipment optimizing/organization, etc.
- Of course, the internship will be custom tailored depending on the intern’s individual experience and skills.
Applicants with extensive knowledge of relevant software systems will be able to expand upon their experience editing web pages, doing design layouts, organizing files, editing photo and video, and much more. Some programs that we use include Photoshop, Canva, Squarespace, monday.com, Google Drive, Lightroom, FileMaker, and more. Interns will have many opportunities to meet and network with well-connected and up-and-coming industry members while enjoying responsibility in a fast-paced and team-based environment.
Hours: Students can register for either 0.5 unit or 1.0 unit of credit ( min. 40 hrs with org over the semester for + 30 hrs of academic work OR min. 80 hr over the semester with org + 60 hours of academic work)
To Apply: Please complete this online application and email email@example.com