This opportunity is available during the Fall 2022 semester. This opportunity can be conducted virtually and is only available for CEL credit.
DAY ONE Early Learning Community is a non-profit located in the city of Poughkeepsie. Our mission is dedicated to creating the best learning opportunities for young children in New York State by providing state-of-the-art training for early childhood teachers. As part of our ecosystem for building high quality early childhood education, we provide programs for parents to have access to knowledge, resources and respect for their hopes for their children and families.
Location: 289 Main St, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
- The social media intern will have the opportunity to research, draft, and post material about DAY ONE Early Learning Community (DOELC). Over the course of the semester, the intern will create 10 posts for each of the following platforms: Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter.
- These posts will be carefully researched and focused on our target audiences of: Parents, teachers, children, early childhood education centers, local businesses and local government.
- A key goal will be to create a Hootsuite account, which organizes and schedules the posts.
- As the intern learns about DOELC and hopefully more about our local community, this person will be responsible for presenting DOELC in a positive and professional manner, reflecting DAY ONE’s core values.
- Experience with social media platforms
- Maturity, responsibility and reliability are important
- Ability to adhere to confidentiality requirements
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Attention to detail
- Attention to professional presentation
Hours: Students can register for either 0.5 unit or 1.0 unit of credit ( min. 40 hrs with org over the semester for + 30 hrs of academic work OR min. 80 hr over the semester with org + 60 hours of academic work)
To Apply: Please email a statement of interest and your resume to OCELapplication@Vassar.edu