This opportunity is available during the Fall 2022 semester. This position has the possibility to be partially remote if needed.
Dutchess County Habitat for Humanity is part of a global, nonprofit housing organization operated on Christian principles that seeks to put God’s love into action by building homes, communities and hope. Dutchess County Habitat for Humanity is dedicated to eliminating substandard housing locally and worldwide through constructing, rehabilitating and preserving homes; by advocating for fair and just housing policies; and by providing training and access to resources to help families improve their shelter conditions. Habitat for Humanity was founded on the conviction that every man, woman and child should have a simple, durable place to live in dignity and safety, and that decent shelter in decent communities should be a matter of conscience and action for all.
- Seeking an Internship Position to assist in our Social Media and Marketing. Platforms include: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and WordPress.
- This skilled individual who will continue to follow and establish a yearlong marketing calendar that is able to be carried out and implemented past
- Position will include documenting and scheduling fundraising events, builds, ReStore and other activities in Habitat Dutchess.
- Position will report to Development Director.
- The intern will perform tasks in the Development department that include marketing campaigns, research, design and scheduling.
- The intern will work with the Development Department to plan, schedule and create social media content, calendars and key marketing campaigns for the organization.
- The intern will work closely with the Development Director, who is their direct supervisor.
- Both formal and informal evaluations will be completed throughout their internship to allow the intern to reflect on progress.
- The intern will also work with volunteers within the organization.
- Ability to use multiple media platforms, photography skills a plus, ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Capacity to work with a team
- Great organizing skills
- Intern should be proficient in Microsoft office, social media platforms.
- Must have transportation.
Hours: Students can register for either 0.5 unit or 1.0 unit of credit ( min. 40 hrs with org over the semester for + 30 hrs of academic work OR min. 80 hr over the semester with org + 60 hours of academic work)
To Apply: Please email a statement of interest and your resume to OCELapplication@Vassar.edu
Dutchess County Habitat for Humanity has an open-door policy: All who believe that everyone needs a decent, affordable place to live are welcome to help with the work, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, political views or any of the other distinctions that too often divide people. In short, Habitat for Humanity welcomes volunteers and supporters from all backgrounds and also serves people in need of decent housing regardless of race or religion. As a matter of policy, Habitat for Humanity International and its affiliated organizations do not proselytize. This means that Habitat will not offer assistance on the expressed or implied condition that people must either adhere to or convert to a particular faith, or listen and respond to messaging designed to induce conversion to a particular faith.