This opportunity is available during the Fall 2022 semester. This is an in person position.
Dutchess County Habitat for Humanity is part of a global, nonprofit housing organization operated on Christian principles that seeks to put God’s love into action by building homes, communities and hope. Dutchess County Habitat for Humanity is dedicated to eliminating substandard housing locally and worldwide through constructing, rehabilitating and preserving homes; by advocating for fair and just housing policies; and by providing training and access to resources to help families improve their shelter conditions. Habitat for Humanity was founded on the conviction that every man, woman and child should have a simple, durable place to live in dignity and safety, and that decent shelter in decent communities should be a matter of conscience and action for all.
- Seeking an Internship Position to assist with our ReStore Retail Merchandising.
- ReStore is the store that builds houses. It is a home goods store that sells used and new furniture, décor, construction items and more. Our current store is a floor space of approximately 20,000 square feet. The Retail Merchandising
intern will assist with planning the overall look of the store floor, organizing departments, creating appealing vignettes, assisting with display of items for online store.
- This position interacts with customers, volunteers and employees of Habitat Dutchess.
- Position will report to Front End Supervisor/Sales Floor Assistant Supervisor.
- The intern will perform tasks in the Habitat Dutchess ReStore, a retail location that sells used and new home goods, furniture, construction items and more.
- The intern will interact with customers, volunteers and staff.
- Ability to use multiple media platforms, photography skills a plus, ability to work in a fast paced environment, special planning.
- Capacity to work with a team.
- This position will require the ability to assist in arranging furniture items, lifting or moving of furniture required.
- Team player and communication skills are important for this position.
- Must have transportation.
Hours: Students can register for either 0.5 unit or 1.0 unit of credit ( min. 40 hrs with org over the semester for + 30 hrs of academic work OR min. 80 hr over the semester with org + 60 hours of academic work)
To Apply: Please email a statement of interest and your resume to OCELapplication@Vassar.edu
Dutchess County Habitat for Humanity has an open-door policy: All who believe that everyone needs a decent, affordable place to live are welcome to help with the work, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, political views or any of the other distinctions that too often divide people. In short, Habitat for Humanity welcomes volunteers and supporters from all backgrounds and also serves people in need of decent housing regardless of race or religion. As a matter of policy, Habitat for Humanity International and its affiliated organizations do not proselytize. This means that Habitat will not offer assistance on the expressed or implied condition that people must either adhere to or convert to a particular faith, or listen and respond to messaging designed to induce conversion to a particular faith.