This opportunity is available during the Fall 2022 semester. This is an in person position.
Astor Services for Children & Families is a community-based non-profit organization that provides children’s mental health services, child welfare services, and early childhood development services. Astor serves children and families in New York State’s Mid-Hudson Valley region and the Bronx. Astor Services is committed to supporting families to ensure each child has a healthy and happy childhood.
Location: 50 Delafield St, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
- Head Start is a federally funded preschool program serving low-income children and children with disabilities. Head Start is free to children who qualify. The goals:
- Help develop social and emotional competence of young children
- Implement strategies that promote school readiness
- Provide comprehensive family engagement services
- Promote health, mental health support, and development screenings
- Collaborate with community resources to support the families and program
- The student will help monitor outcomes, organize data, implement filing systems and collaborate work with agency development office to advance social media presence and marketing
- If the student has experience in translation, there are many pieces of the curriculum and communications to the parents/students that can be translated
- Background check, fingerprinting
Hours: Students can register for either 0.5 unit or 1.0 unit of credit ( min. 40 hrs with org over the semester for + 30 hrs of academic work OR min. 80 hr over the semester with org + 60 hours of academic work)
To Apply: Please email a statement of interest and your resume to OCELapplication@Vassar.edu