This opportunity is available during the Spring 2022 semester. This opportunity can be conducted virtually and is only available for CEL credit.
Center for Economic and Environmental Partnership (CEEP)’s mission is to serve as a bridge between economic and environmental perspectives. We aim to encourage evaluation, development, and implementation of policies and programs supportive of the environment and the environmental industry. Our Matchmaker and Management Program connects early career professionals with local organizations to advance sustainability efforts. CEEP provides project management training and oversight to ensure satisfying outcomes for everyone. Visit the Matchmaker Program page to learn more.
CEEP is seeking a CEL student to support the Town of Philipstown’s Climate Smart Coordinator. Over the course of this 3-4 month project, the student will provide research and outreach support.
- Research efforts will include identifying Climate Action Plans developed by other similarly situated communities in the region and the state.
- Students will then help create a comprehensive survey that will be disseminated to local residents to get community input on top climate priorities. The survey should help the Climate Smart Coordinator understand what actions residents want taken at the Town level.
- The student will also facilitate workshops as another means of receiving community input and will contact relevant organizations in Philipstown for their opinions and expertise.
- Upon completion of the necessary outreach, the student will work with the Climate Smart Coordinator to draft Philipstown’s Climate Action plan.
- Strong research skills
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong communication skills; ability to interface with a wide range of stakeholders
- Interest in the environmental field, local climate solutions, and strategic planning
- Experience in data collection, survey implementation, and data analysis
To Apply: Please apply through the CEEP application form, here and email firstname.lastname@example.org