This opportunity might be available during Summer 2022. This opportunity can be conducted virtually and is only available for CEL credit.
The Podcasters is a multicultural, multilingual podcasting collective of youth from across the United States. Together, they produce content with the mission to validate and make space for students and other young leaders to share and discuss the political and social issues impacting their daily lives. Please visit their website to hear episodes by mousing over the “Hudson Valley” tab and clicking on each episode’s page. Their primary goals include:
- Creating meaningful space for student discussion.
- The Podcasters operates podcasting teams that include a mix of students from partnering Middle or High Schools, Vassar Students, and faculty/community collaborators. These teams meet regularly to record discussions about the issues impacting their daily lives.
- Foster an environment accepting of multicultural and multilingual expression.
- By empowering young people to share their experiences in the language they are most comfortable in, The Podcasters’ aims to celebrate diversity in expression and experience.
- Creating a platform for student voice to impact a larger audience.
- To validate and magnify the voices of its youth participants, The Podcasters shares exclusive content and episodes through social media and aspires to work with community radio stations to share and air select podcast episodes or segments.
Position Description: The Podcasters team is seeking help from Vassar students to attend and assist in leading the podcasting sessions every Wednesday or Thursday night. Students will discuss with the Hudson Valley students various topics that they find interesting. The Podcasters also needs help in editing and organizing the audio to create a cohesive and concise narrative that truly centers the students’ voices. Students are also asked to help in posting the finished episodes to social media sites and played on local radio stations. Students may also contribute to grant-writing activities.
- Spanish is a plus, but not necessary
- Interest in podcasting
- Technical production skills a plus
- Enjoys talking with high school students
Hours: Wednesdays and/or Thursdays evenings 6:30-8pm. Plus 4-8 hours/week flexible schedule.
To Apply: Please email a statement of interest and your resume to OCELapplication@Vassar.edu