This opportunity is available during Summer 2022. This opportunity can be conducted virtually and is only available for CEL credit.
People USA is a peer-run mental health nonprofit that creates, provides, and promotes its own, innovative crisis response & wellness services. Being “peer-run” means that all our services are developed and operated by people who have personally overcome mental health issues, addiction, or trauma. This makes us a valuable addition and alternative to the traditional behavioral health care system. People USA’s unique, peer-led models are proven to significantly reduce hospital utilization, incarceration rates, and overall healthcare spending. Most importantly, they are built on an unbreakable foundation of customer engagement, comfortable environments, empathy, and positive expectations for people’s futures. Their mission is to educate, support, and empower people and communities to understand, manage, and overcome mental health, addiction, and social determinants of health challenges.
The Marketing and Social Media Internship emphasizes experiential and mentored learning experiences, providing students and recent degree recipients an opportunity to apply their academic knowledge and skills in a meaningful and practical way.
Location: 126 Innis Ave, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
- Collaborative planning and implementing of social media campaigns
- Creating social media templates and assets including images or video
- Brainstorming with team members to identify & create content that supports our goals
- Auditing our social media platforms to identify untapped opportunities
- Evaluating performance through social media metrics
- Engaging with community members on our platforms
- Weekly review meetings to discuss performance and planning with supervisor
- Active user of social media platforms (specifically Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn)
- Knowledge of social media marketing tools (SmarterQueue preferred)
- Graphic design experience including Canva
- Experience in digital marketing and communications is a plus
- Ability to communicate professionally: strong writing background and a strong command of spelling and grammar
- Basic understanding of SEO (search engine optimization)
- Basic understanding of key-performance metrics, and how to interpret social media and Google analytics data
- Team-player with a positive attitude and sense of humor
- Minimum commitment of 8 hours per week (up to 20). Hours are flexible during business hours, Monday through Friday.
To Apply: Please email a statement of interest and your resume to OCELapplication@Vassar.edu