This opportunity is available during Summer 2022. This opportunity can be conducted virtually and is only available for CEL credit.
The Town Government of Woodstock is looking for a student with knowledge in GIS. GIS is use in Planning Board, Complete Streets Committee, Housing Oversight Task Force, Critical Environmental Areas Working Group, Aquifer Protection Working Group. The Planning Board regularly displays various parts of the maps that have been maintained and built during the evaluation of site plans. Data includes: the Hudsonia Environmental Study and the Natural Resources Inventory recently completed for Woodstock. These include wetlands buffer shapefiles, but not buffers for streams other than the Sawkill.
- Train Town staff and Board and Committee volunteers in ArcPRO
- Assist in transition to ArcPRO
- Help develop workflows and templates for future project needs
- Recreating stream buffer shapefiles
- Knowledge of both ArcMaps and ArcPRO sufficient to assist in transition and facilitate current and anticipated GIS uses.
- Good communication skills
- Interest in teaching GIS skills to others
To Apply: Please email a statement of interest and your resume to OCELapplication@Vassar.edu