This opportunity is available during the Fall 2022 semester. This opportunity can be conducted virtually and is only available for CEL credit.
The Ulster Immigrant Defense Network‘s (UIDN) mission is to provide a network of safety and support to immigrants, regardless of status.
UIDN welcomes interns and volunteers and will coordinate with you to create a schedule that works for you – remote, in person from our office in Kingston, or a combination. If you have a special skill or interest and have an idea for sharing it with UIDN, they will consider the possibility!
Location: 30 Pine Grove Ave, Kingston, NY 12401
- On Wednesdays UIDN distributes food in Kingston.
- Volunteers receive deliveries, set up tables, sort and pack food, organize food stations, break down boxes for recycling, distribute food to families, cleanup, and sometimes make deliveries.
- Interns may also help secure and pick up food, help with publicity, and more.
- A commitment to UIDN’s mission and vision, members of immigrant communities, and principles of anti-racism/oppression
- A non-judgmental attitude and robust interpersonal skills; strong organizational and time management skills
- The ability to work independently and with members of teams; a learning mindset; and a willingness to accept feedback
- Spanish fluency is an asset but not necessary.
Hours: Two- and three-hour shifts are available between noon and 6 p.m. on Wednesdays; Students can register for either 0.5 unit or 1.0 unit of credit ( min. 40 hrs with org over the semester for + 30 hrs of academic work OR min. 80 hr over the semester with org + 60 hours of academic work)
To Apply: Please email a statement of interest and your resume to OCELapplication@Vassar.edu