This opportunity is available during the Summer 2022 and Fall 2022 semester. This opportunity can be conducted virtually and is only available for CEL credit.
Arts Mid-Hudson, the preeminent nonprofit arts service organization serving Dutchess, Ulster, and Orange Counties invites you to join their team! Arts Mid-Hudson’s initiatives engage and promote the arts across the Mid-Hudson region, benefiting our artists, arts organizations and communities.
The Arts Mid-Hudson Folk Arts Program works with Mid-Hudson Valley-based folk artists and traditional bearers to preserve and present the rich heritage and diversity of area residents. This work takes many forms from ethnographic fieldwork to providing assistance to individuals and groups for programs.
Position Description: The Folk Arts Program is seeking an enthusiastic intern interested in helping to plan and present the 2022 Hudson Valley Gospel Festival on October 1 at Bowdoin Park in Wap- pingers Falls, NY
- Help with publicity and outreach
- Work on the monthly zoom presentations leading up to the Festival
- Work on performance line up and physical layout of the Festival
- Research for the Walk Through Gospel History
- Support the Hudson Valley Gospel Festival Committee
- Work at the Festival
Hours: Students can register for either 0.5 unit or 1.0 unit of credit ( min. 40 hours over the semester for 0.5 unit + 30 hrs of academic work or min. 80 hours over the semester for 1.0 unit + 60 hours of academic work)
The student is expected to participate in the Gospel Festival on October 1.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to conduct independent research
- Desire to learn about event planning
- Excellent communication skills
To Apply: Please email a statement of interest and your resume to OCELapplication@Vassar.edu