This opportunity is available during the Spring 2022 semester. This opportunity can be conducted virtually and is only available for CEL credit.
DAY ONE Early Learning Community is a non-profit located in the city of Poughkeepsie. Our mission is dedicated to creating the best learning opportunities for young children in New York State by providing state-of-the-art training for early childhood teachers. As part of our ecosystem for building high quality early childhood education, we provide programs for parents to have access to knowledge, resources and respect for their hopes for their children and families.
- The early childhood curriculum intern will be involved in the organization of the pilot curriculum for DAY ONE’s Teaching Apprenticeship Program (TAP). Over the course of the semester, the intern will work with the executive director to put the pilot curriculum into Google Classroom.
- The intern will be involved in cross-checking formats and versions of the curriculum materials, making sure that everything is updated as needed. The intern will also develop a resource catalog of all materials available in the workshop. This is an opportunity to see a curriculum being developed and implemented, the essential aspects of organization and detail in a curriculum, and the supporting components, such as materials that need to be ordered.
- As the intern learns about DOELC and hopefully more about our local community, this person will be responsible for presenting DOELC in a positive and professional manner, reflecting DAY ONE’s core values.
- Essential: use of google docs, google sheets/excel and google forms; ideally google photos
- Strong organizational skills; able to connect and monitor information across multiple formats
- Attention to detail and presentation quality of documents
- Interest in the link between science, research, public policy and social justice
- A strong commitment to this work and the project
- Reliable and mature approach to work; strict adherence to policies regarding confidentiality of data and teamwork; interested and able to receive guidance and constructive feedback flexibility preferred: experience or coursework in education or developmental psychology preferred
- Preferred: interest in becoming an early childhood teacher and/or an interest in curriculum design and implementation
Hours: Preferred in person hours are 10:00 am to 12:00 noon, M-Th. Work can be done in person and virtually.
To Apply: Please email a statement of interest and your resume to OCELapplication@Vassar.edu