Sponsored by the Office of Residential Life, Transitions is a comprehensive, four year program for first-generation and/or undocumented, and low income students. This program, now in its 7th year, was built on the thoughtful work of a group of incredible current and former first-generation and low income Vassar students.
Transitions initiatives include, but are not limited to:
- a 6-day pre-orientation program for incoming first-year students
- Hermanx (a peer mentoring program)
- a 2-day career and networking summit for seniors
- Transitions, Too Day (a day to recognize and show pride in our Transitions family)
- Transitions, Too (a program to include first-generation, low-income and/or mixed-residency status employees)
- a senior reception
- monthly lunches
Transitions seeks to maximize student success at Vassar by:
- Discussing academic expectations and realities before the beginning of the regular school year;
- Providing a personalized overview of the campus, its resources, and its support opportunities;
- Facilitating networking and mentoring relationships with peers, professors, and administrators;
- Fostering community ties and relationships
Applications for the 2016 Transitions cohort will be available end of May 2016.
To get all the latest news about Transitions, please sign-up for our bi-weekly newsletter!