Exec Board

The faculty advisor for our chapter is Michele M. Tugade (website).

John Lee
President

Profile pending.

Nicole Bronson
Vice President

Profile pending.

Evelyn Berger
Secretary

I am a senior Psychology and Jewish Studies double major from White Plains, NY, and I am planning on going to graduate school to pursue a degree in School Psychology. This summer, I spent time shadowing various school psychologists in the White Plains district. I am particularly interested in developmental psychology, and will be working this year on research with Professor Zeifman. I am also co-president of the Vassar Jewish Union, and participate in student-run theatre. I am greatly looking forward to being a part of the Psi Chi Exec Board this year!

Lauren Mestitz
Treasurer

Profile pending.

Tara Sheridan

Campus Representative

I’m a senior Psychology major with a double correlate in Childhood Education and Jewish Studies from Queens, NY. I will graduate certified to teach elementary school. I’m interested in childhood development, with a particular focus on language and literacy development. I’m hoping to pursue a master’s degree in Speech and Language Pathology. I will be student teaching this fall at schools in Wappingers Falls and Poughkeepsie. I’ll also be shadowing speech and language pathologists to learn more about my future career. Aside from academics, I am co-president of the Vassar Jewish Union and publicity chair of Challah for Hunger. I also work at Wimpfheimer Nursery School on campus. I look forward to a great senior year with Psi Chi!

Caroline Sferrazza
Publicity Coordinator

I am a senior Neuroscience and Behavior major with a correlate in Music and Culture from Long Island, NY. After Vassar, I plan on pursuing a career as a researcher of either schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, or psychopathy. I have had two summer internships at schizophrenia labs, and both experiences were incredibly rewarding and a lot of fun. In the summer of 2011, I worked at the Feinstein Institute in Manhasset, NY (part of the North Shore-LIJ Health System) investigating the role of specific schizophrenia susceptibility genes in associative long-term memory. The following summer in 2012, I received an Amgen scholarship to intern at the New York State Psychiatric Institute in conjunction with Columbia University investigating glutaminase inhibition as a therapeutic target for schizophrenia. I am also the lab intern for an intro biology class at Vassar. When I’m not busy being a lab rat, I spend my time at Vassar as the captain of the Equestrian Team, a violist in the college orchestra and a quartet, and an organist. Though I can’t wait to dive into the laboratory lifestyle full time, I am greatly looking forward to what promises to be my best year at Vassar, as well as to keeping all of you in touch with what we are doing here in Psi Chi!