AVAILABLE , SUMMER 2020
Title: Summer Land Steward Intern
Location: 4289 Route 82, Millbrook, NY
Duration: Approximately three months. Start and end dates are flexible. Minimum of 15 hrs/week. Application Deadline: 5 PM Wednesday April 15, 2020.
Compensation: This is a paid internship position. Housing will not be available.
The Summer Land Steward Intern, under direct supervision of the Stewardship, Planning & Education Specialist, is responsible for working with the Stewardship staff to meet the summer’s stewardship goals.
- Extensive fieldwork involving monitoring of conservation easement properties.
- Driving to properties throughout Dutchess County and hiking off-trail over a variety of terrains to document the condition of the property in photographs and writing.
- Using photo-editing and GIS software to complete ground monitoring reports with associated maps and photographs.
- Monitoring the current condition of the property, noting possible changes including construction of buildings or roads, tree clearing, disturbance of wetlands and waterways and natural disturbances such as erosion.Recommended Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Background in Adobe Photoshop and ArcGIS. (Specific training will be provided.)
- Drivers license and personal vehicle.
- Ability to navigate using maps, aerial photographs and GPS.
- Coursework in Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, Biology, or related fields.
- Applicant should be in good physical condition, able to hike over rough terrain.How to Apply:Please email a cover letter and resume to Lucas Gordon ’19 (email@example.com). Call (845) 677-3002 with questions about the position.
Though recommended, if you do not currently meet all of the above qualifications, you are still encouraged to apply.