MEET Meet with Dr. Lisa Kaul, Director of the Office of Community-Engaged Learning. You can make an appointment here: Appointments Slots. Together, you’ll review available opportunities.
APPLY Please complete the APPLICATION FORM here even if you have already secured a position. We use this application for internal record-keeping and all CEL students must complete it each time they do a CEL or are interested in doing a CEL.
FIND Find a faculty sponsor. Your faculty sponsor will facilitate the required academic work of the CEL. Note that your faulty sponsor can also be your advisor.
REGISTER Complete a Pre-Registration and a Community-Engaged Learning Agreement Form.
- Pre-Registration form must be signed and submitted to the Registrar’s Office during:
- Preregistration Phase 1, November 11 – 22
- Preregistration Phase 2, December 12 – 16
- Spring 2020 Add Period, January 22 – 29
- This form must be signed by:
- Pre-major/major advisor,
- Faculty sponsor, and
- Director of OCEL (this is the last person to sign the form)
- The Community-Engaged Learning Agreement is your learning agreement with your faculty sponsor and your agency supervisor. This form must be completed and returned to the OCEL by the end of week two of the start of your experiential work.
End of the Semester Evaluation form: We will send your agency supervisor a brief evaluation form at the end of the semester. You can view the blank evaluation form here. Your final grade is based in part on this evaluation of your work and performance. Additionally, agency supervisors will be invited to nominate students for the Helen Miringoff Award. Click here for more information about the Helen Miringoff Award.