In this weekly feature, we will share our ideas for what you can do “off-campus” while the museum is closed. This week’s entry comes from Nicole M. Roylance, Coordinator of Public Education and Information.

It is summer. For me, summertime is project time. Time to make necklaces out of macaroni, boxes out of popsicle sticks, and other summer camp favorites. It seems a time to create. But scrapbooking is not really my thing or anything involving artificial flowers. So what is an adult to do in the summer with an itch to make something but not necessarily the skill with which to make things?

Assignment #8: Curate an artist's retrospective in a public place

Assignment #8: Curate an artist's retrospective in a public place. An Arbus retrospective in Brazil.

This week, I would recommend you wander over to learningtoloveyoumore, an online project from Harrell Fletcher and Miranda July. Readers were given assignments such as make a flier of your day, take a picture of strangers holding hands, or create an exhibition of the works of art at your parents’ house. After completing the assignments, readers would then submit their work to share online. Although the project ended in May 2009, the assignments and the results are still posted for review. It is inspiring just to flip through what people from all across the world have contributed (a companion book has been released by Phaidon).

Once I wandered through the website, I began to wonder what I would make an educational plaque about or which artist I would make an impromptu retrospective about in the streets of my neighborhood.

This week (and hopefully you will be inspired for several more), try one of the assignments and see where it takes you this summer.