What People Are Saying about #Children

For my hashtag topic, I chose children. I found various sarcastic tweets on how children are a pain to parents, but their was 2 interesting pictures, one from @euromid and the other from @cheerfans that got my attention quickly. The tone of my first example is serious because it shows the Israeli cruelty to Palestinian children with high statistics. For example, about 95% of the children are forced to admit of a crime they didn’t commit. This makes people wonder if children have any rights to at least defend themselves. The tone of my second example is humorous because a mother is talking about her children being ugly and dumb in a sarcastic way, but like every mother she still loves them very much. This type of humor was found the most in the #children because even from my personal experience, my mother says the same about me. My mom says i’m “stubborn and act like a fool,” but she still loves me for who I am because thats just how any other child acts and thats what makes us special. Looking at these 2 different images, I think some people think of children as a pain and try to be sarcastic about them, but when they see other children suffering they start to feel bad for them and want to treat their own children better. My contradictory hashtags tell me that part of society thinks of children as a pain, but also others want to inform people of how children go through harsh cruelties in other places, therefore they should be grateful for their children.

Screen Shot 2014-07-08 at 3.21.50 PM