Field Work: Strangers Project Comes to Vassar

Photo by Matthew McCardwell

Photo by Matthew McCardwell

Last Saturday, we had the privilege to host the Strangers Project on Vassar’s campus in our very on Collaboratory. In case you forgot what the project is all about, hear it from the founder of The Strangers Project himself, Brandon Doman:

CAAD Student Assistant Adam Senack ’18 decided to participate in the project himself, leaving an anonymous letter with the rest as his contribution to the project. His letter is below:

Photo by Adam Senack

Photo by Adam Senack

“I think I’m the most myself I’ve ever been now at my third year at Vassar. I feel positive, inspired, and happy. It’s weird to feel comfortable in such a short amount of time but I like it. I think I’m able to grab hold of happiness now from looking within rather than looking for others to provide it.

L.A.M.B.

The symbolism behind the lamb is that Gwen Stefani as an artist has always been one of my biggest inspirations. L.A.M.B. is the name of her fashion line and also is an acronym for love angel music baby. These are four things in her life that she needs to feel whole and happy. I find this to be a really inspiring message and hope to find my own versions of L.A.M.B. while at Vassar.”

To learn more about The Stranger’s Project, please visit their website or like their page on Facebook!